FRANKFORT, Ky. — The dates are now set for the annual waterfowl blind drawings for Doug Travis, Lake Barkley, Barren River Lake, Green River Lake and Sloughs wildlife management areas (WMAs).
· Doug Travis WMA, Carlisle and Hickman counties: 10 a.m. (Central Time), Saturday, Aug. 25. The drawing will be at the WMA office, one-half mile south of Berkley on KY 123. Registration begins at 9 a.m.
· Lake Barkley WMA, Trigg and Lyon counties: 8 a.m. (Central Time), Monday, Sept. 17. The drawing will be at the shelter on the east side of the Cumberland River at Lake Barkley Dam, off U.S. 62 near Lake City. Participants should use the powerhouse entrance, then turn right toward the drawing location.
· Sloughs WMA, Henderson and Union counties: 7 p.m. (Central Time), Tuesday, Sept. 25. The drawing will be at Union County Middle School off U.S. 60 West in Morganfield. Registration begins at 6 p.m.
· Green River Lake WMA, Taylor and Adair counties: 10 a.m. (Eastern Time), Saturday, Sept. 29. The drawing will be at the Green River Lake U.S. Army Corps of Engineers office, off KY 55 approximately seven miles south of Campbellsville. Registration begins at 9 a.m.
· Barren River Lake WMA: Allen and Barren counties, 7 – 9 a.m. (Central Time), Saturday, Oct. 6. The drawing will be at the Barren River Lake Corps of Engineers office, at the Barren River Lake dam off KY 252.
The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources provides a variety of waterfowl hunting opportunities on wildlife management areas. These opportunities include quota hunts, daily drawings, walk-in areas and seasonally drawn blinds.
Seasonally drawn blinds ensure waterfowl hunters selected will have a place to hunt during the entire waterfowl season.