NRA Applauds Zinke's Accomplishments on One-Year Anniversary.Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke
Fairfax, VA – -(Ammoland.com)- The National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) celebrates Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's one year anniversary as Secretary of the Interior and applauds his numerous accomplishments.
“On day one Secretary Zinke hit the ground running by lifting the last administration’s ban on traditional ammunition— and he hasn’t slowed down since. He’s expanded hunting and fishing opportunities on federal lands, forged new efforts to encourage veteran hunting and fishing, and recently announced the department’s prioritization of big game corridors to improve wildlife habitat,” said Chris W. Cox, NRA- ILA executive director.
“Secretary Zinke is fighting for us – America’s hunters – each and every day.”
Secretary Ryan Zinke was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on March 1, 2017 and sworn in the same day as the 52nd Secretary of the Interior.
Since then he has taken numerous actions for hunters and shooters, including:
- Ending the Obama Administration’s ban of traditional ammunition on federal lands
- Expanding hunter & angler access to fish & wildlife refuges and other federal lands
- Hosted a sportsmen’s access summit to gather ideas and examine problems
- Issued a Secretarial Order improving access to federal lands
- Reviewed national monument designations to ensure access and local input
- Forged a number of new agency efforts to encourage veteran hunting & fishing programs
- Created the much-needed International Wildlife Conservation Council that will advise the Department on international conservation issues
- Announced the creation of the domestic Hunting & Shooting Sports Conservation Council
- Prioritized big game corridor habitat improvement and management
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org
This post NRA: Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke Fighting for Us appeared first on AmmoLand.com .