U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Team Vihtavouri member, Paul Phillips, was recently crowned King of 2 Miles at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, MN.
King of 2 Miles is an Extreme Long Range (ELR) Rifle competition that challenges competitors to engage steel targets at various distances out to 3,525 yards. Phillips and his Team Global Precision Group members all shoot the 416 Barrett cartridge and load Vihtavuori 20N29 powder exclusively for their ELR platforms.
“Vihtavuori powder has provided the most consistent and lowest single digit SD’s of any powder we’ve tested. This is a huge advantage when attempting to impact steel plates beyond 1,500 yards. We must have very consistent ammunition,” stated Phillips, “Vihtavuori Powders played a huge role in our team member’s success of finishing 1st, 3rd and 4th.”
Phillips will be competing next at the 2019 NRA ELR National Championships at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, IN.
This Vihtavuori rifle powder was originally developed for .50 BMG and for military use, and even the name 20N29 originates from the Finnish Army standards.
- 20N29 is a single-based, surface treated powder with grain dimensions of 2,3 mm length and 1,3 mm diameter. The burning rate is slower and grain size larger than those of the N100 series powders.
- 20N29 is primarily used in large caliber and magnum applications with heavy bullets and in long-range target shooting. It has also gained a good reputation when used eg. in .300 Lapua Magnum and .30-378 Weatherby Magnum.
- Tested reloading data is available for the following calibers:
- .300 Lapua Magnum – .30-.378 Weatherby Magnum – .50 Browning / .50 BMG.
- Vihtavuori 20N29 rifle powder is available in 1 kg bottles and in USA 8 lbs canisters.